Re: Symmetry operations

From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 17:55:24 CDT

No NAMD doesn't do this, but you should search the vmd email lists.
Creation of multimers from symmetry data has been discussed there
recently.

Regards
Brian

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, "J. Valencia" wrote:

> Hello. I understand NAMD cannot handle symmetry operations (I hope I'm wrong,
> though), so does anyone know about the possibility of future releases
> including this feature?
>
> I guess a faster solution (besides switching to another program) would be to
> modify the source code. Could anyone lead me in this direction as to which
> source files are relevant to this problem? I'm not really aiming at including
> all symmetry operations for protein crystals, but only interested in
> generating a hexamer from a monomer, so a couple rotations and one reflection
> would do.
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback.
>
> J. Valencia

**Brian Bennion, Ph.D. **
**Computational and Systems Biology Division **
**Biology and Biotechnology Research Program **
**Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory **
**P.O. Box 808, L-448 bennion1_at_llnl.gov **
**7000 East Avenue phone: (925) 422-5722 **
**Livermore, CA 94550 fax: (925) 424-6605 **