Re: namd and Tcl 8.3.5

From: Sean Michael Whipkey (smw4s_at_unix.mail.virginia.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 16:06:35 CDT

According to Brian Bennion:
> Its possible, if your link paths are not correct in the makefile and/or
> the ld_conf script is loading a shared library.

It would seem to make the most sense to me; but as I'm not overly familiar
with namd, it's good to hear I may be right. :)

> Can you see where the libtcl8.3.a library is in the RH
> distro?

Hmmm, it doesn't seem to be installed by default. The only place locate
found it was in the /tmp directories where I'd unpacked the tcl tar files
from the namd site.

> what does
> rpm -qa | grep tcl8
> give?

tcl-8.3.5-92
tclx-8.3-92

Sean

--
Sean Michael Whipkey, Systems Engineer -  UVA SEAS Information Technology Office
111 Small Hall - 434.982.4561 - smw4s_at_virginia.edu