Re: construct a protein surrounded by membrane

From: mashaojie (mashao_jie_at_163.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 08:41:20 CST

    I have got a channel protein structure and construct psffile and pdbfile from original pdbfile,
I want to get the structure that the protien surrounded by cell membrane, I want to get psffile and pdbfile.
  The problems is how to embed this protein into membrane, if I dig a big hole, I can not make protein close enough to membrane. If I dig a small one, there are so many overlapped atoms in structure.so I don't know how to solve it. The membrane can be obtain by the plugins of vmd.