Re: NAMD support for Myranet GM2 drivers

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 01:30:49 CST

Hi,

Please read the NAMD wiki "NamdOnMyrinet" at

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdOnMyrinet

I just updated it today with some tips you may want to try.

Please download the latest Charm++ from our *CVS* server, since the
necessary changes in source code were only committed today.
Look for download instructions at http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu. Stable version
of Charm++ 5.8 is recommended.

Gengbin

ps, please don't get confused with Charm++ and Charmm ;-) NAMD is built
upon Charm++ (a parallel language and runtime system developed at
Parallel Programming Lab(PPL) from the same university), and it has
nothing to do with Charmm :)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, David Chalmers wrote:

> Dear NAMD Developers,
>
> The cluster I have been using has just been upgraded and now has Myranet
> GM2 drivers (version 2.0.10). The released version of charm does not seem
> to have support for these drivers. We have tried using the current CVS
> version of charm but that was not successful.
>
> Is there a NAMD/charmm combination available that will work with the GM2
> drivers?
>
> Regards
>
> David

> David Chalmers Lab: 9903 9110
> Victorian College of Pharmacy Fax: 9903 9582
> 381 Royal Pde, Parkville, Vic 3053
> Australia David.Chalmers_at_vcp.monash.edu.au

Gengbin Zheng
(217)244-3667 (o)
gzheng_at_uiuc.edu
zhenggb_at_acm.org