Re: Re: too much rattle

From: Amarda Shehu (shehua_at_cs.rice.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 12:24:12 CST

Yes, I know, 1000 seems too high. Basically I am trying to make somebody's
config files work. I am told to prepare a protein system for a full md
simulation and having no previous experience with namd or md simulations,
am following somebody's steps in equilibrating the system to get it ready
for the md simulation.

I first minimized the waters and the ions leaving the
protein fixed. Now I'm trying to heat the solvent. Should I try a
different lower temperature? As a grad student in Comp. Science, I have
found very little practical information on how to conduct md simulations.
Do you now of any source besides pestering people in the newsgroup?

Thank you,
Amarda Shehu.