Re: Charm++ nodelist commands

From: Gengbin Zheng (gzheng_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 11:59:00 CST

Oops, forgot to mention, you need to recompile Linux version of NAMD from
scratch also. The pre-compiled version is not compatiable with the latest
CVS version due to my recent changes in structure layout. Also, the
pre-compiled version is built with Intel C++ compiler which I have not
tested the compatibility with Win32 VC++ yet. So I would suggest going
with gcc on Linux before I tested it with Intel C++.

Since I don't know which verison of Linux you are running, I don't know
how to make pre-compiled binary for you. But compiling for Linux is
fairely easy, check out:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/development.html
Please download both Charm++ and NAMD source from the two different CVS
servers.

I myself rarely use tcl and plugins features (being a mostly Charm++
developer). Based on my limited knowledge, tcl is used to enable
scripting features (so you can write tcl scripts in config file), and
plugins tools are from VMD's Plugins to enable trajectory analysis. The
NAMD user manual should have more detailed information.

Gengbin