Re: Charm++ nodelist commands

From: Gadi Oron (gadi_at_proteologics.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 05:10:39 CST

Thank you for your help.

> My oppinion is to exclude Win** from your
> calculations)))

So the conclusion is that mixing platforms is impossible with Charm++/NAMD.
I've tried it (just in case) and it simply does not work (RSH or charmd),
even though IMHO there is no endian/int size issues (i386 Linux to
Win2K+Cygwin on i386).

This is a pity, since it would have allowed me to harness a lot of computer
power for my simulation :-(

BTW: Does charm++ uses PVM? I've noticed PVM files in the Charm++ directory
but I can't figure out where it is used.

Again, many thanks for your efforts.

-Gadi