Re: Help! unstable simulation - ARG go nuts...

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 09:23:02 CST

OK,

Looking at your energies, I see that ANGLE and DIHEDRAL are zero. Looking
at your psf file shows that there are no angles or dihedrals listed.

In your psfgen script you have this:

segment C {
        auto none
        first none
        last none
        pdb chainC.pdb
}

That "auto none" means "don't autogenerate angles or dihedrals". You need
to specify "auto none" for segments of water, but keep the default of
"auto angles dihedrals" specified in the topology file for proteins,
lipids, nucleic acids, etc.

-Jim