processors information

From: Ioana Cozmuta (ioana_at_nas.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 21:28:23 CST

Hi namd-l,

I would like to understand what exactly is the information given in the
input file related to "balance" and "numComputes". What are the
dCurOverload, max and avg values calculated from?
How can I interpret this information so that I can adjust the number of
processors I am running my job on to an optimal value?

For example, I chose to run my job on 200 CPU's. From the information
below does it mean that I use too many CPU's?

Info: Load balance cycle 39 using RefineOnly
Info: numComputes: 19941
Info: Balancing from 0 = 1.02 to 8=1.1 dCurOverload=1.09006 max=18.4838
avg=16.9567
Info: Refinement at overLoad=1.02
Info: min = 15.5305 processor 17
Info: max = 17.2949 processor 160
Info: total = 3391.35 average = 16.9567
Info: Removing unused proxy 52 on Pe(199).

Thank you in advance for your help,

Ioana