Re: Distance-dependent dielectrics in NAMD

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 15:52:31 CST

Hi,

In src/ComputeNonbondedUtil.C you would need to modify this piece of code,
which calculates the electrostatic potential function for cutoff
simulations (you can't do distance-dependent dielectric with PME).

      case SPLIT_SHIFT: {
        BigReal shiftVal = r2/cutoff2 - 1.0;
        shiftVal *= shiftVal;
        BigReal dShiftVal = 2.0 * (r2/cutoff2 - 1.0) * 2.0*r/cutoff2;
        fast_energy = shiftVal/r;
        fast_gradient = dShiftVal/r - shiftVal/r2;
        scor_energy = scor_gradient = 0;
        slow_energy = slow_gradient = 0;
        }
        break;