Re: vmd-l: POV-Ray

From: Oscar Moran (moran_at_ge.cnr.it)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 03:49:31 CST

please, do not send so big attachments! remember that it may be people with
space limitations in their mailboxes, and if such messages accumulate for a
couple of days could consist in a big proplem.

oscar

At 10.19 11/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear John,
>
>Attached is a scene file that you requested. What I mean by texture is I
>have a representation of an electron density file represented with
>isosurface. Thank you for your help.
>
>Tauna
>

>At 1:17 PM -0600 11/10/03, John Stone wrote:
>>Dear Tauna,
>> Can you email me one of the POV-Ray scene files produced by VMD
>>that is causing you problems? I'm not sure what you mean by "texture"
>>in this case (the word has many meanings depending on context), can
>>you be more specific, or tell me what context its in?
>>Until your email, I had no plans to make changes to the POV-Ray export
>>code, but depending on what kind of problem you've encountered it might
>>be a simple bug to fix before releasing VMD 1.8.2, but I need to know
>>right away if we're going to do anything about it.
>>
>>Thanks,
>> John Stone
>> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>>
>>On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 01:42:13PM -0700, Tauna Rignall wrote:
>>> Hi there! I was wondering if VMD is now or will be updated to
>>> support the POV-Ray version 3.5. The data files I currently output
>>> are not compatible with 3.5 when there is texture present in the
>>> picture. Basically, when there is texture, the .tga file is not
>>> getting written. Thank you for your reply.
>>>
>>> Tauna
>>
>>--
>>NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics
>>Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
>>University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
>>Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu Phone: 217-244-3349
>> WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/ Fax: 217-244-6078

Oscar Moran Via DeMarini, 6
Istituto di Biofisica I-16149 Genova, Italy
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Tel. +39-0106475558