Re: excluding water in dcd files

From: himanshu chandola (beu99419_at_ccsun50.iitd.ernet.in)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 11:45:28 CST

Hello,
 the following are some lines of how my pdb file looked like and how it
did after having psfgen used. In the psfgen i made one segment each for
each chain.
pdb file before:
ATOM 1 N ALA A 19 51.074 165.718 79.087 1.00 97.57
ATOM 2 CA ALA A 19 52.097 165.982 78.087 1.00 97.37
ATOM 3 C ALA A 19 53.269 165.014 78.232 1.00 96.96
ATOM 4 O ALA A 19 53.164 163.786 78.194 1.00 98.84

after:
ATOM 1 N ALA 19 51.074 165.718 79.087 1.00 0.00 A
ATOM 2 HT1 ALA 19 50.142 165.995 78.853 0.00 0.00 A
ATOM 3 HT2 ALA 19 51.533 166.452 79.588 0.00 0.00 A
ATOM 4 HT3 ALA 19 51.053 164.887 79.644 0.00 0.00 A
(in the above generated pdb file - the A on the extreme right might be the
segment name - i have put these molecules in segment A)

I have another point to ask. I need to remove some inhibitors and other
molecules used in crystallization. I removed these molecules in the
original pdb file itself(by manual deletion) but after having generated a
psf file from such a molecule, I found one of my atoms to be wayward from
the rest of the protein. Also the cartoon of the protein generated by the
vmd looked awkward with no helix .
Hence I planned to generate a pdb and psf file for the original protein
itself(and use delatom in the vmd later) but there the problem is that I
don't have parameters for GOL,AlF3,SO4.
Can anyone suggest a remedy please?

himanshu
Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why Not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.