Error when running NAMD_2.5 on mytinet

From: Cesar Delgado (beettlle_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 18:20:13 CDT

I compiled NAMD 2.5 from source on our linux cluster because we are running
Myrinet.
I complied NAMD with:
fftw 2.1.5
tcl 8.4.4
plugins

and was getting all sorts of strange errors. I complied it with debug and
I'm getting the following error when I run the apoa1 demo:
namd2: machine.c:815: SendSpanningChildren: Assertion `startpe>=0 &&
startpe<Cmi_numpes' failed.
namd2: machine.c:815: SendSpanningChildren: Assertion `startpe>=0 &&
startpe<Cmi_numpes' failed.

and I get the same error, only once, when I run the er-gre demo I found on
the NAMD website.

I have tried running it on diferent nodes to see if it might be a harware
problem, but even running it in diferent nodes the error is still the same.
I have l also run all the demo programs that come with the charm included in
the NAMD_2,5_Source tar file and they all work.

Any help would be greatly apreceated.

-Cesar Delgado
Research Computing Facility @ UNL
http://rcf.unl.edu
cdelgad2_at_bigred.unl.edu, beettlle_at_hotmail.com